Shortly before He ascended back to Heaven (commentary of Jesus leaving Heaven to come to earth can be found in Philippians 2.6 -11) Jesus gave His disciples one mission: go to every nation on the planet and tell them that God has provided a way for depraved humanity to be reconciled to a holy and gracious God. As such, God desires the worship of every boy, girl, man and woman whether they live in a major urban city or an unknown village.
Specifically, Jesus asked His followers to:
- evangelize all people by making disciples
- establish congregations in all nations by baptizing those who believe
- equip the new Believers by teaching them everything Jesus has taught us (which includes accomplishing God’s mission in a local and global setting!).
Accomplishing God’s mission of making disciples is not a task God gave only to the United States or to American Christians! God’s global mission is a task for Christians all over the globe! Followers of Jesus from Africa, Asia, North and South America, Australia and Europe are scattered all over the globe being disciples and making disciples of Jesus Christ.
Jesus was clear to teach that making disciples is a mission that must be accomplished at both home and abroad. To that end, CrossPoint strives to make both a local and global impact for the glory of Christ.
CrossPoint’s involvement in making disciples of all nations includes:
- financial support to the International Mission Board
- financial support to the Uganda Baptist Seminary
- financial support to the North American Mission Board
- financial support of a local Kenyan missionary in Kenya
- financial support of local Ugandan congregations
- financial support of Christians in Palestine during COVID-19
- our time to pray for the missionaries and ministries that exalt Christ